Hammering the crowds for over two and a half hours, Foo Fighters successfully gratified the audiences who sang happy birthday to Grohl’s mom. Furthermore, Grohl said it would be the band’s last performance for the near future, the Huffington Post reports via WENN.
“It’s the last show of the tour and it’s the last show for a long time,” he said.
The drummer-turned-guitarist also paid tribute to his former bandmates in Nirvana, Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic. He dedicated Three Days song to them.
He also recalled the memory when three of them played the same festival 20 years ago. At the time, fans also celebrated his Mom’s birthday by singing the song. Nirvana played Reading Festival in 1992, which became their last show in England.
Besides to Kurt and Krist, Grohl also dedicated his songs to retiring BBC sound engineer Miti Adhikari. Miti was the one who recorded Nirvana’s performance at the festival 10 years earlier.
Foo Fighters headlined the festival for the first time since 2005. Together with Kasabian, they were able to close the festival smoothly.
Other related posts:
- Have Fun At the Korean Mud Festival
- 120 Revelers Arrested in Sydney’s Future Music Festival Drug Operation
- Embarassing! Two British Celebrities Arrived at Fashion Show Wearing Identical Dress
- Monkeys Horror Show is Indonesian Local Entertainment (Video)
- Religious Woman: Jesus Christ Image Appeared During the Bachelor Show