In order to mark the International Women’s Day on March 8, the Penal Colony No 10 at the Gorni settlement holds a Russian women prisoners beauty contest.
The women prisoners dressed to to get the biggest attention from the juries of the beauty contest. Inmate Maria Gapenko was then crowned as the Miss Spring 2012.
International Women’s Day is annually celebrated by most people in Russia and former Soviet Union residents as the day was used to be marked during the communist era of the Soviet Union.
However, the world in general also marks this International Women’s Day to bring forth the issue of women’s rights. The UN itself has urged the members to mark the day with the promotions of international peace and also women’s rights.
Other related posts:
- “Friendly and Humane” Robots to Guard Prisoners in South Korea
- Jackie Green, the First Transsexual to Enter the Miss England Beauty Pageant
- Participants Hospitalized Following An Unusual Curry-eating Contest
- Swimming Down The Rapids With A Sex Doll – New Russian Water Sport
- Real Life Sleeping Beauty, Asleep for Two Months