Shane Schumerth, a fired teacher of Episcopal School of Jacksonville killed the principal, Dale Regan, who terminated his contract by using an AK-47 he put in a guitar case.
According to the police, the 28-year-old teacher shot the principal for several times before shot himself with the same weapon.
The gunfire sound made police and firefighters called to the campus yesterday. They discovered Regan’s dead body along with the killer’s at about 1.30 pm.
Maria Boyance, a 11th-grader of the school, said she and her friends heard about 9 gunshots.
Police and firefighters called to reports of gunfire on campus found the bodies about 1:30 p.m. . “A lot of people were crying and freaking out, but the teachers stayed calm the whole time,” she said.
In the meantime, Carolyn Cooper, one of the school’s teachers said she heard about 5 gunshots.
Melissa Bujeda, spokeswoman for Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said the only victims were the principal and fired teacher. She said no children were involved in the incident.
Schumerth had taught at the Episcopal for two years. Most students called him a bad teacher.
Other related posts:
- Teacher Fired for Giving Violent Math Assignments
- Fitzgerald Apologized for Bra Magic Trick Performed in School Meeting
- One Killed During the Mardi Gras Parade in Lousiana
- Teacher-Student Facebook Friendship Banned in Missouri
- 91-year-old Granny Set Guinness World Record as the World’s Oldest Yoga Teacher