A young Tibetan teenager has burned himself to death in China, rights groups say, becoming the third such reported case this week.
Dorjee, an 18-year-old boy from Tibet has set himself on fire in a protest that involved at least 20 people, mostly Tibetan monks.
The teenager was killed in the incident. He yelled to protest the China government before eventually burning himself.
The recent act becomes the third similar case that happened this week. In the same region, there had been two other suicide attempts to protest the government.
A 20-year-old Tibetan female student also died after burned herself on Satuday in Maqu county of Gansu.
The two regions are inhabited mostly by Tibetans. They often launch protests against Beijing government.
The government itself has made the security in the two regions tighter because of this reason. Foreign press are not permitted to enter to the regions due to the government strict policy.
China government goes wild when they face the Tibetan protesters. The Tibetans perhaps should learn some quirky protest like for example a protest done these Chinese girls.
Other related posts:
- Chinese Girls Occupy Public Toilets to Protest Injustice
- Wikipedia Will Go on Blackout Protest to Oppose the SOPA and PIPA
- Thousands of People Almost Naked to Protest Against “Uptight” Laws in Utah
- Cats Army Assigned to Fight Against Rodent Plague in China
- China Flared Up Over Japanese Mayor’s Denial on the Nanjing Massacre