Instead of playing the national anthem – “Menin Qazaqstanim” or “My Kazakhstan”-, the officials of the country’s regional ski event played Ricky Martin’s “Livin’ la Vida Loca” during the opening ceremony.
The incident went like this:
Nuraly Saduakasov, the chief of Kostanay administration, who organized the event led the crowd to display their nationalism by singing the national anthem.
When they have prepared themselves with hands on the chest, the music played was not like the song sang by Borat in Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.
They took the wrong song as it was Martin’s song for the 1998 World Cup soundtrack that was heard on air.
The amazing part of this incident was when a number of the participants, including Saduakasov, did not give any response to Martin’s song. On the contrary, they waited for the right national anthem song played with their hands still on the chest.
They didn’t even giggle, while if I were there I would laugh till …
FYI, Kazakhstan has at least three national anthems so far. They started singing My Kazakhstan since 2006.
Other related posts:
- Top 5 Outstanding National Anthem Performances at Super Bowl
- Ricky Gervais Taunts Johnny Depp at the 2012 Golden Globes (Video)
- Polish Bank Robber Dubbed as National Hero for Robbing “Greedy Bankers”
- Martin Keown Hit by Ball During Arsenal vs Leeds United Match (Video)
- Torturing Classmates with Bieber’s Song, These Two Students Earned $1000