Mardi Gras is supposed to be a moment when all the people have fun together. But in Louisiana, there was a horrible incident that cost a human life during the Mardi Gras parade.
According to the authorities, the victim has been identified as Dewayne Milton Smith of White Castle. The 27 year old man was shot to death on Sunday when the people flock for the Plaquemine Community Parade in Plaquemine, about 80 miles west of New Orleans.
As reported by the Advocate, the police were after the suspect, Akeem O. Gailes. The 25 year old suspect was involved in a dispute with the victim before the shooting took place.
According to the witness, Gailes punched Smith’s cousin right in the face before eventually shot Smith’s chest and ran away from the scene.
No one was injured in the incident. The police urged the public to give information if they know any information about the suspect. The Plaquemine police can be reached at (225) 687-9273.
This post is also available at Boncherry.com
Other related posts:
- Mardi Gras According to These 5 European Countries
- A 4-year-old Girl Killed by A Pitbull in Her Own House
- Victim Nearly Assisting A Burglar Stealing His Own TV
- Mother Arrested for Tossing 7 Month Baby From The Fourth Floor
- A Vampire Bat Killed Mexican Teen in the U.S.